Hope Church, Winchester
09:30 - 16:30
Accessible Church Workshop
Did you know that in the UK that there are 1.5 million adults with learning disabilities? The sad truth is that many of these feel marginalised by society and the church. For that reason we have invited Count Everyone In to provide training for equipping churches to welcome and be relevant to people with learning disabilities.
This day is aimed at leadership teams encouraging them to think about how their church vision could impact someone with a learning disability, and what steps they would need to take to make it a life-transforming reality.
The sessions will provide simple and effective ways for you to make a difference in your church including:
* Understanding what it is to have a learning disability
* Identifying and removing obstacles Adapting communication methods
* Techniques for teaching the Bible
* Changing attitudes to accessibility
* A question and answer session
This event is being hosted by Commission, part of the Newfrontiers family, to book in click here.