The Jubilee Centre, Sheffield
10:00 - 16:00
Churches Welcoming Refugees
The Welcome Network are committed to equipping and training churches across the UK to welcome and include refugees their communities. These days are for churches across the UK who want to be practically equipped and resourced to grow their ministry amongst refugees.
Main speaker: Marion Knell, Specialising in self-care in a cross cultural context.
Seminars on the day will be run in 'hubs'. You can choose to follow one hub, or mix hubs throughout the day:
- Seminar 1: Caring for refugees who have experienced trauma
- Seminar 2: Caring for ourselves and others working with refugees in our churches
Neighbour hub: for people from a refugee background
- Seminar 1: Sharing your faith with others
- Seminar 2: Life Transitions Course: Looking at the emotional challenges of leaving your homeland, living in transition, and resettling in a new country.
- Seminar 1: Ways to welcome refugees in your church
- Seminar 2: Integrating refugees in UK churches: a holistic approach
Tickets for refugees from Partner Churches are FREE. Tickets for refugees from non-partner churches are discounted. We encourage churches to invite refugees from their congregation to attend with them.
Booking Deadline: Sunday 15th March
To find out more and book in today visit: cwr-spring20.eventbrite.co.uk